Sunday, April 7, 2013

Breakfast

I've been experimenting with breakfast, and what I mean by that is the composition of the meal. I found that a small balanced breakfast not only curbs the body and increases my willpower for certain foods throughout the day, but it gives me great energy. I've recently been given little choice about my food preferences and had to mold my diet around it, I had previously had muesli and greek yogurt with coffee every morning without fail. I am now consuming sugar filled oatmeal with regular American style sugar yogurt and coffee flavored water. This is working at it's best every morning, I'll explain how I came to that conclusion.

I started by eating the usual breakfast food with rolls and whatever bread items to avoid the eggs and sausages, I'd have a yogurt here and there, but I couldn't stomach the high contents of sugar, so I'd been avoiding it. I rediscovered eggs and decided that was the way to go while my choices were limited, I stuck by them for a month or so until I got really bad stomach aches for a couple days and found it was the eggs. Basically what I did from there led me to my current morning diet.

I ate singular items, eggs, yogurt, breads, rice, fish or beans to find what was causing my aches, pains or cravings throughout the day. I've found that the fish and eggs were the cause of all my problems; I narrowed it down to oatmeal when available or toast with peanut butter on it, I try to avoid the peanut butter toast because I eat that all day. I will also try to get the regular yogurts and when not available I have no substitute, so hopefully they didn't run out. The coffee water is always there, it's a staple so it would seem, quite sad actually.

So I've been able to build up a tolerance to all the sugar in the foods from what appears to be ConAgra, so exciting, and have finally stopped shitting my brains out. I do the best I can to consume wholesome foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables when they're available, but that's once per week at the most. The bulk of foods are frozen and/or canned, my diet is heavy on the bread and peanut butter side. I build up my own stock of dry goods whenever possible, hoping to add decent oats to my wares.

It's hard to describe the level of convenience and variety we take for granted every day, just know that people around the world, Americans included, don't have that same luxury. If you would ever have the heart, keep them in your mind.

No comments: