Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vaihingen, Germany

It's really quite different when you find yourself living in a different country as opposed to visiting it. I know when I had been visiting I was in quite a hurry to see everything and absorb as much as I possibly could before I had to leave. Anuste feels that same way as she hasn't experienced anything like this before, Mapalon, well he's kind of comatose to the whole idea, he has no clue where he is or what any of it means, who knows if he ever will. I on the other hand am trying to pace myself as I know I'm here for the next three years, seeing everything can burn someone out, being that it would be fast paced. Once we get "settled in" we'll start to explore from the inside out.

We'll start at Vaihingen and the areas of Stuttgart, and then off to other areas like Heidelberg. It's going to be wondrous, we're taking pictures on the way to the gym today to give people an idea of the scenery we have from the base, which is quite impressive and unexpected.

Everyone is great here and enjoying the German food as we should, without completely sacrificing our regular healthy habits. Hope everyone has things planned as my command here is very lenient toward leave. I'll keep this updated as much as possible.

Until next time.

No comments: